Both individuals and self-employed, wishing to buy an EV to benefit from its efficient and sustainable mobility, will undoubtedly know that the MOVES Plan is within reach.
On April 13, 2021, the Ministry for Ecological Transition and Demographic Affairs approved direct support granting for the implementation of Electric Mobility Promotion Programs (MOVES III), as part of the European Fund for Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, endowed with 400 million euros.
Key points are:
1. The goal of this plan
Its goal is to encourage electric mobility through the purchase of EVs and the deployment of the required charging equipment.
This aid is incompatible with other subsidies that may be granted for the same purpose from any public or private administration or body, whether National, European Union or International.
3. Actions in progress
Purchase of plug-in fuel cell EVs. The purchase may be direct or by means of financial leasing or renting of new vehicles, registered for the first time in Spain in the name of the final consignee of the aid.
Implementation roadmap for EV charging equipment. The eligible charging equipment, through direct purchase, may be either public or private access.
As far as the residents associations are concerned, the pre-installation of the electrical service and communication for EV charging can be subsidized.
4. What are the incentive vehicles of the Moves Plan?
Passenger cars, vans, electric motorbikes and electric quadricycles, as long as they are included in the IDAE’s Vehicle Database. It is recommended to check it before venturing to purchase an EV.
5. How many vehicles can I purchase with the subsidy?
Maximum 1 vehicle per individual. Companies have a maximum of 50 vehicles per applicant per call.
6. How much is the amount of subsidy from the Moves Plan?
For individuals, self-employed or Administration, subsidies for the purchase of an EV can be up to €7,000 (€9,000 for those that scrap a vehicle) for commercial vehicles up to 3,500 kg, and up to €4,500 (€7,000 for those that scrap a vehicle) for passenger cars. The amount will vary depending on the type of vehicle and the type of final assignee of the subsidy.
For the implementation of EV charging equipment, the amount of subsidy
may reach up to 70% of the eligible cost for self-employed, individuals,
homeowners’ associations and administrations without economic activity. The subsidy limit for
individuals with a private access facility is €5,000.
7. When can I benefit from the extra 10% of the support provided by the Moves Plan?
You can benefit from an additional 10% if:
- The grant recipient is a disabled person with reduced mobility and needs the vehicle to be adapted for driving.
- The vehicle is purchased by an individual registered in a municipality with less than 5,000 inhabitants.
- A passenger car acquired by self-employed for Taxi or PHV use.
- The final beneficiary accredits the definitive deregistration of a vehicle registered in Spain, which was registered at least seven years before the date of registration of application or the date of the purchase invoice of the vehicle subject to subsidy.
8. How long do I have to apply for subsidy?
Applications for support may be submitted until 31 December 2023.
I am an individual who wants to change his old car and switch to an electric mode, deciding to buy a 100% EV valued at €35,000. Using the MOVES plan(scrapping my previous car) the vehicle costs me € 28,000. In addition, the installation of a charging equipment in my parking space located in my neighbours community, valued at €1000, will cost me €300. Thus, out of a total amount of 36.000€ (new car + charging equipement), with the programme’s subsidies there is 28.300€ left, saving 7.700€.
How about? What are you waiting for to make the switch towards the mobility of the future?