A Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan is a strategic plan to satisfy the mobility needs of people, cities and their surroundings to achieve a better quality of social, environmental and economic life.
Why is the development of a Sustainable Mobility Plan (SUMP) key role? What is its purpose? SUMPs or Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans are people-friendly focused and their main goal is to improve accessibility and quality of life, achieving a shift towards sustainable mobility.
So, it’simportantto learn about the habits and needs of the citizen’s movements to be able to promote walking and cycling mobility. Planning and managing mobility according to the urban and territory model, balanced and integrated development of all transport modes, improving the road infrastructure focused on pedestrians and cyclists, promoting the culture of mobility and increasing the sense of responsibility of all road and street users, cyclists, pedestrians and drivers to learn to coexist. A Mobility by Cycling Friendlycity.
Strategic development planning is essential based on a complete planning process and continuous improvement. Taking into account the further steps for its development:
- The best organization and commitment at the beginning of the planning process to carry out the SUMP and its features.
- Prediagnosis, analysis and diagnosis of the current mobility status to obtain successful results.
- Clear implementation Plan selecting actions in short and medium vision, defining indicators, scenarios and strategies.
- Giving citizens a voice and enable them to participate in the process.
- Monitoring & continuous Evaluation.
People Planning programms.
Both the citizen’s participation and assessment Planning take into consideration everyday mobility to work, educational purposes, leisure, tourism, among others. Planning a SUMP means “Planning for the people”.
In short, the main reasons and benefits of developing and implementing a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan are:
- Contributing to improved health and environment.
- Making mobility seamless and improving urban access.
- Promote sustainable culture.
- Prioritize walking and cycling in a sustainable way.
- Reduce aire and noise pollution.
- Improve road safety.
- Saving costs and creating economic benefits.
Ready to join us in developing the best Sustainable Mobility Study?