A sustainable mobility plan for companies consists of developing a range of actions to encourage the use of more sustainable and efficient means of transport.
Labor mobilityplays a key role in many companies today.
The need to act against the climate crisis and to reduce the negative consequences of unsustainable mobility is becoming increasingly urgent: congestion, waste of time and competitiveness, accidents, pollution, energy consumption, health …
So, companies need a clear sustainable mobility plan.
Employee access to the workplace is part of the company’s operations and therefore companies are playing a key role in changing the current mobility model.
The benefits of mobility planning for companies.
The approval of company travel planning or a transport to work plan.
Improving the company’s image and compliance with the SDGstandards of sustainability and inclusivity, which are increasingly required in the market.
“The plan for transport to work or sustainable mobility to work is within the framework of the Corporate Social Responsibility policy and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the UN 2030 Agenda”
Improving the health of employees who opt for active mobility has a positive effect on reducing absenteeism and accidents, reducing the costs associated and increasing productivity.
A lower parking requirement means cost savings and extra space to be used for other purposes.
The development of such a plan, on the initiative of the company, is very much appreciated by the employees as:
- Observing how the company is taking action that shows concern.
- Improving their perception of the company’s commitment to safety.
- Some administrations provide tax benefits and grants.
“If we want to be important to the planet, the planet must be important to us.”
Including sustainable mobility in the company reduces scope 3 CO2 emissions. Reporting progress helps to comply with the Law on Non-Financial Information.
In some cases, having a Company Mobility Plan is legally binding.
Benefits of adopting a mobility plan for society
The reduction of the above-mentioned negative effects has a clear effect on the improvement of health, economy, employment and the quality of life, urban and environmental, of citizens.
Among the excellent benefits, we can find the following:
- Reducing energy consumption.
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions andlocal pollutants.
- Less noise.
- Reduction of healthcare costs, absenteeism and traffic accidents.
- Slowing congestion
- Reduction of vehicle infrastructure and public space areas footprint.
- Reduction of social exclusion
- Improving urban mobility.
Benefits of establishing an employee mobility plan
Employees have access to a broad range of direct benefits, namely:
- Private vehicle cost saving if you choose to carpool.
- Cost savings of the own car by switching to a soft mode or public transport.
- The perception of any economic benefit if the company decides to encourage alternative means of transport.
Those switching to active transport experience an improvement in their health as a result of the increased physical activity linked to this transport change and are not exposed to driving stress, especially during rush hours.
In general, there is less uncertainty about the arrival time at the destination, which improves punctuality and saves travel time, which betters a life-work balance.
Finally, there is a remarkable reduction in the risk of commuting road accidents.
Do you need more reasons to commit to sustainable mobility?